For most startups securing funding to be able to grow, is one of the biggest challenges. The participants of the seminar on 4th October will be introduced to the
For most startups securing funding to be able to grow, is one of the biggest challenges. The participants of the seminar on 4th October will be introduced to the various forms of early-stage funding, typically grants, business angels and loans. After outlining the funding landscape, we will focus on funding via business angels. We will go into several topics in particular:
- How does funding from a business angel relates to other finance options?
- When is this a good option?
- What are the pros and cons?
- What to expect from a business angel?
- How does it work?
- What is the best timing?
- How to find one;
- What preparation is involved?
- What to expect from the deal closing process.
In the comparison between angel investing in the Netherlands and Germany there are same important differences. Business Angels that invest in German startups can get financial support from the government. We will address how startups can benefit from this. Of course, there will be plenty of opportunity for the startups to ask their questions. We anticipate around 10 participants from innovative startups. The seminar will take around one hour to a max of one and a half hour. At the end of the Seminar we can discuss several options for a follow-up seminar with the participants:
- An online Seminar on grants for startups and innovative companies from one of our experts in this field.
- Pitches from some of the startups with constructive feed-back from an investors panel. Also the investors will present themselves and participants are invited to ask their questions. As an
additional option we can offer to coach the entrepreneurs for their pitch preparation.
- We will invite some entrepreneurs from our network that will share their experience with
securing funding and getting an (German) investor on board.
- Date: 04.10.2022;
- Time: 17-18 p.m.
This online seminar is part of the series: Entering the German market with my start-up. In September, Oktober and November, the Grenzhoppers Business School in cooperation with the Internationaal Netwerkbureau, Fontys Lectorate Cross Border Business Development, STRICK Rechtsanwälte & Steuerberater and the Business Angels Network organise a series of online seminars. The aim of the series is to help start-ups from the Netherlands and Germany enter the German market. The seminars will include advice on law, marketing and financing.
(Tuesday) 17:00 - 18:00
Fontys Venlo University Applied Sciences